What Is My Business Worth?
Recent articles in Inc. and Entrepreneur magazine conclude that business valuations are critical for businesses of any size–and not just when a business is being bought or sold.
As Inc. magazine recently stated:
“A business’s success is ultimately measured by a business’s value… Knowing your net worth as a private business owner provides a useful snapshot of where your company stands, what options it has, and how it can improve in the long term.”
Some common uses of valuations include:
- Determining the price to buy, sell or merge a business.
- An annual reality check of your business performance.
- A tool for aligning employee goals and business improvement.
- Adding new shareholders, setting prices for new stock purchases or buy-backs.
- Business owner net worth calculation for estate tax and financial planning.
- Research into feasibility of management or leveraged buyouts.
- Litigation support such as divorce proceedings of shareholders.
- Obtaining and maintaining financing.
- Employee stock ownership plans.
- Stock option and other incentive plans.
- Mediation and arbitration of disputes.
- Valuation of business spin-offs.
- Bankruptcy, liquidation or reorganizations.
- Exit Strategy.
- Conducting due diligence.
Please contact us today if you’d like us to complete a professional market report showing what your business is worth. We’ll perform a full market data analysis of your business based on several different methods including financial and industry factors, adjusted financial statements, the use of several key valuation methods, as well as industry and market comparables.