Now that you’ve decided to take the important step of selling your business, you want to be sure you will be compensated for all the time and hard work you’ve dedicated towards what may be one of your most important assets.
At VR Business Brokers we know that there are no shortcuts to success. We know that selling your business to the right buyer at the best price is hard work and takes persistence, professionalism and dedication.
Using our knowledge, extensive industry experience, and our database of interested buyers, we can ensure the successful sale of your business. With over 70,000 successful business sales since 1979, at VR we have developed a proven, step-by-step process that we have refined and perfected over the last 35 years.
VR 5 STEP PROCESS TO SELL A BUSINESS
1. Getting to Know You: At VR Business Brokers we take the time to learn about your business and understand your position in the marketplace. During our initial meetings we will work with you in establishing your personal and business goals, and record all of the information in detail in order to develop an initial business profile document.
2. Valuation: We will gather the information we have obtained to develop a price for your business. The exercise of business valuation consists of both determining the present value of your business and a research on determining “where is the value” in your business. We have found that often the biggest value in a business is beyond the financial statements of the company.
3. Buyer Research/Marketing: We will utilize various proprietary databases available exclusively to VR Business Brokers, and certain business sale websites to research and identify prospective buyers who are qualified and able to buy a business. The key in selling a business is showing it to the right person.
4. Buyer Meetings: All initial showings of your business will be conducted by the use of VR’s exclusive secured Virtual Data Rooms, which allows us to deal with buyers from all over the world. We will provide qualified buyers sufficient information to “view” your business prior to them making a trip to meet with you in person. On average we will speak with over 200 buyers and meet with 8 to 10 serious buyers, of which 2 to 3 will indicate strong interest to progress further.
5. Offer to Purchase: We know how to structure transactions to minimize the chance of a problem. We prepare the offer using the appropriate documents and clauses. We will counsel you on your options of accepting, countering or rejecting the offer and on what has to be completed before closing can take place. We will coordinate with all parties to keep the process moving to a closing in a timely manner.
Email us to arrange for a free no-obligation, confidential meeting with one of our professional advisors. Or if you’d prefer to find out more about us first, you can also download our free e-book “Valued Representation – When Selling a Business”.
Keep-in-mind that anything that increases sales also increases profits and the all-important cash flow!
Make it easy on the buyer to make a positive decision by making certain your business shows like a winner.